Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Thankful Tuesdays

3 things I'm thankful for:


1) The chance right now to focus on my art...to really pour myself into it. I'm trying all sorts of things, and discovering some new mediums I feel really good about.


2) Wine.


3) This blog: Jessica writes Walks with Frost. We lost our children the same day back in December. Her blog, as she states it, is an "attempt to take him through the world with me...these are my letters to Frost." I connect with a lot of what she says, and she's quite a lovely person, and I hope to meet her someday (we're in closer proximity than most of you other mama's). Think of Jessica and Frost today.

6 comments:

  1. I am thankful for wine too! :) Thanks for sharing Jessica's blog. I will visit her.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, wine. I am thankful for wine... and tonight Copper Hook Spring Ale :)
    I really love the painting you have at the top of your page. It speaks so powerfully to me every time I see it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I too am also thankful for wine... thanks for sharing Jessica's blog, I'm following it already! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Rachel!! I'm so thankful for you too. And I also know that we will meet someday. This is nice. Thank you for thinking of me and Frost. I think of you and Lyra all the time.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It makes me happy to know that you have the opportunity to spend time in your art. And I will stop by and visit Jessica's blog. I will think of them today.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yes wine....and the occasional brandy old-fashioned sweet. I'm from Wisconsin - brandy is grandpa's cough medicine!

    Love the new masthead, btw - absolutely love it.
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete