Sunday, September 19, 2010

Random

The good and bad for the day trip on Saturday:

Bad:
- A rather warm day
- I don't do well in social situations anymore. Before Lyra died, I was just normally awkward. Now I'm just terribly skittish, weird, and don't know how to answer simple small-talky kind of questions. I already knew this, but thought this time might be different for the arts and crafts fair? Nope.
- A/C in vehicle threatened to go out on us
- 9 months without my daughter

Good:
- My spirits were lifted immensely by the friend I got to spend the day with. 
- Lyra's tiger was still there and her flowers hadn't faded!
- Future scheming for getting together
- Free lemonade iced tea at coffee shop
- Did I mention I had good company?!?




7 comments:

  1. I hope that the good outweighed the bad. And I am glad that you had good company :) That is very important. Thinking of you...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad Lyra's tiger was still there and you had good company. Love to you. x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was thinking of you yesterday as I read a book and Lyra's name appeared. Sorry for the heat--it can really make things just all-around grumpy. And I hear you on the awkwardness . . .

    But it sounds like you managed to have some fun in the meantime. :) Good thoughts for this week :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm with you on the awkward small-talk questions. Simple questions don't have simple answers anymore.

    Hope your little one cooperates at the ultrasound so you can find out if it's a he or a she!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am so glad to hear the tiger is still there. And that you had good company.
    And trust me, I'm a total social MORON.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those flowers are beautiful!! So glad Lyra's tiger is still there. xo

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awe, you definitely lifted my spirits Saturday...I can't tell you how wonderful it was for me to spend time with someone who I could just be completely honest with and understands. Much love my friend & totally excited to get together again:)

    ReplyDelete