Tuesday, October 19, 2010

October: Day 19

Day 19 - a talent of yours*
I hate to say that my talent is my graphic design or art. I've never displayed anything on here that I did before Lyra died. I did some good design work, though always with 'my critic' hanging over my shoulder. And the actual art that I did was always hesitantly produced. Now, I rarely design, and only do art. A funny swap...since I studied four years for design, and it's the option that actually makes money. 


*While running errands today I started worrying about this post. I'm usually not good at stating something that I'm good at...I downplay anything and everything in case I fail...so people can't point at me, because I've already pointed it all out. But since Lyra died, I've been working on self confidence...so that's why I so definitively stated my talent today. I feel like I sound arrogant though.

4 comments:

  1. It's ok to recognize what you're good at. Making the statement is different than tooting your own horn.

    :)

    No arrogance noted here.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've always loved all your works. :) You are far from arrogant. XO

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hang it high!! (or whatever the saying is that means be proud). Your artwork is completely unique and wonderfully yourself.

    ReplyDelete