Wednesday, October 20, 2010

October: Day 20

Day 20 - a hobby of yours and how it changed since your loss
I would have to say that I haven't given as much time to my hobbies since Lyra died. I used to read a lot more, and crochet more. Now I do more art and spend more time on blogs. I have vamped up my usage of postage stamps though...I've sent more mail since Lyra died than in my whole life probably (though I'm miserable at mailing things to family).


As a bunny trail, I'm old-fashioned when it comes to mail and books. I like opening the mailbox and then opening and holding that letter or ATC or whatever was sent in my hands. It has texture, and smell. Someone took time to write it, just for me.


And books...they have a texture and smell. I'm not a fan of electronic methods of reading...I like holding a book, feeling the weight of it, and flipping the pages. Our goal is to have a library room someday.

3 comments:

  1. I'm totally with you on the mail. Somehow I feel a connection to the person that sent it; they had it in their hands and now I have it in my hands.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love mail and real books too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's safe to say I totally agree with you on this here:
    "I've sent more mail since [baby] died than in my whole life probably".

    Me, too. With all my love for the "new media" there is nothing better than writing and/or receiving a letter. With handwriting, stamp and all... Nothing beat that - hands down.

    xxo

    ReplyDelete