I dread answering this one because there is so much in flux still, after 10 months. I quit my job a month before Lyra died for stress reasons and planned to stay home with her. We didn't bring her home, we moved right away and I had a really hard time functioning normally for a while. I didn't have a job I needed to get back to, and L didn't put pressure on me to find a new one. I really only wanted to get pregnant again, and thought that getting a new job, only to quit again was stupid. I did try for some part-time jobs, but they didn't pan out. I got pregnant, and we both decided I would just stay home with the added appointments I'd end up having, and because it worked out ok for us to have me home.
I know people view "what you do" as a huge part of our identities as people. So I feel ashamed most times when people ask. My child died. I have no job. Who am I then? I do art, but I don't really sell it or do art shows. In regards to being a part of the educated portion of society, I'm the lowest of low, because I'm not contributing anything. I don't make money for my family. I don't volunteer to any organization. I don't mother, nanny or babysit. But I have to keep coming back to L and I...what works for us? What are we comfortable with? And that is really what matters the most.
This is a "normal" day as of late, as I don't have much holding me to a schedule:
- Wake up at 8a, in time to see L off to work at 8:30a.
- Eat breakfast...usually cereal, a bagel, or toast/peanut butter
- Read blogs/email from 9-10, and try to comment and respond
- Eat a snack of fruit or whatever is on hand at 10a.
- From 10-11:30 is good errand running time...groceries, mail, Target. Or I clean the apartment.
- 11:30ish is when L comes home and we do lunch and watch whatever we've missed on Hulu or catching up on Netflix. He gets an hour for lunch, and works a mile away, so he usually is home for lunch everyday. Somedays I meet up with friends for lunch.
- 12:30-1:30p is usually my nap time. Yes, I love naps. Immensely. Dinah curls up with me for a snooze too. I eat a snack upon waking up.
- 1:30p-5:30p -On to art time, more errand time, blogging/commenting time, meeting up with people time, or still cleaning...depends on the day. I eat another snack at 4ish (I eat something about every 2 hours).
- L gets home sometime between 5:30 and 6p. We figure out dinner...it's chili weather now, so I've been anxious to make that, and soups more often.
- We are real social duds most nights, so we're home a lot. We watch more netflix tv shows (Psych right now), play video games, have more art time, & crochet. Occasionally we hit up a coffee shop to write or draw.
- Bedtime ranges from 8:30p - 10:30p. L has restless legs, so sometimes I stay up and do more stuff. Other times I hit the sack and he comes to bed later.