Thursday, December 16, 2010

Random: Cyst Sonogram

My doctor was irate about the sonogram mix-up, so he made sure I got in today to get the cysts checked out. Simon decided to burrow his head down in my pelvis so the tech had a hard time seeing his brain. After a bit of work she saw there was one cyst still remaining on the left side (boo); the one on the right had disappeared (yay).

The doctor's not concerned about there still being a cyst, unless it's gotten bigger. I'm hoping Simon's heart and leg and arm measurements are all ok too, as those can sometimes help indicate if there's something else to be concerned about. The full report will be sent to my doctor so I'll know much more (hopefully) next week when I meet with him again.

Although not bad news, it's not an "All Clear", which would be one less thing to worry about.

----
I'm so thankful for the ornaments I've received in the mail that were made while thinking of Lyra. I've gotten several other things in remembrance of her, and a good friend even made a donation in memory of her. And the comments here have been very encouraging. I've looked them over several times when I've started to feel down. I feel obligated to hold it all together, though I don't know what that will prove. So much is planned during these days and I've turned down so many things because it's supposed to be a fun and festive time (in regards to parties)- not deeply thoughtful and sad. And I haven't reached the point where I can just avoid talking about her or why this time of year is significant, and talk about Simon like everything's just peachy in our lives.

I just miss her, and what we were to have with her in our lives.

10 comments:

  1. so glad to hear that things are ok, even though it's not exactly the news you wanted to hear. keeping you in my thoughts/prayers. ♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have been away from Blogland for quite a while, though you and Lyra were never ever far from my thoughts. ((hugs)) I miss her with you, very much, and am glad to hear that things are going well.
    Sending you much love and peace, xoxo.

    ReplyDelete
  3. i'm with you rachael, hang in there honey you are doing a great job, not long to go now, repeat after me .... all will be ok ..... christmas shistmas xxx loads of love

    ReplyDelete
  4. So glad to hear things overall went well today, looking forward to next week though to hopefully get even more positive news from your doctor! Glad you're feeling an outpouring of love and support. Good for you for doing whatever you need at this time...sending lots of love your way my friend ((hugs))

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glad the sono showed some good stuff! Looking forward to hearing good news next week.

    It's hard to keep it together, so let yourself just freak out if you need to. People will understand--if they don't, they're, well, morons.

    Thinking of you, as always :)
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  6. YAY to good news on the sonogram. This is all so hard, reaching the first year, going through the anxiety of another pregnancy, trying to manage to keep it together...you can freak out, Rach, seriously. Sometimes letting a freak out take hold helps you ease into the moment a bit. Sending you love as always. xo

    ReplyDelete
  7. love from me, Rachel, I wish I could do more and give you some peace and happy. For what it's worth we're invited to stay with friends over the new year and i don't want to go at all. I like the idea but i don't like it if you know what I mean, and that is 2.5 years later...

    big hug
    xxoo Ines

    Ps I'm glad you like the ornament :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. It's good to hear that you were able to get in to have a sonogram and at least get some answers. Hopefully that will start the measure of peace in your heart.

    I have been thinking of you a lot lately these past few days, especially as Lyra's birthday came. And now with Christmas coming, I will definitely keep you in my prayers. It can be such a hard time.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Glad you were able to get a little relief at least, with one cyst gone. But you sure deserve an "all clear"!! What a rough road it's been! Hoping the other cyst and all the anxiety over it are cleared up very soon.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I am so glad that things are getting better day by day. Here's hoping you will see another bit of goodness very soon!

    ReplyDelete