Monday, December 12, 2011

Garland

Angie mentioned over on her blog about some of the ways she decorated for christmas. It got me thinking about how we've decorated our house this year. I made a pom pom garland this year (I followed this tutorial). I love it. I think I could make a pom pom garland for any activity throughout the year...bright spring like ones or dinosaur colored ones for Simon's birthday. I guess these colors aren't necessarily Christmasy, but it's my Christmas garland nonetheless.

The pictures in the frames (from bottom left up and around to bottom right): Tiger at the zoo when I was pregnant with Lyra, a sweet card from an IRL BLM, a recent painting of mine for Lyra's anniversary coming up, a holiday ATC from another BLM, and Simon's first water color - he got a hold of my tin and got his fingers all painted...I figured instead of cleaning him up, he might as well use it up on some paper :) I love the option to change out pictures and look forward to putting up more of Simon's artwork.

I also have a holiday card garland that is in the living room for this season, and my stars that I have yet to find the right spot for since our move. I like having a little something in our house to string up along a bare wall.

3 comments:

  1. It's nice to have creative freedom. Because who said that tinsel is the only way to decorate for Christmas!

    ReplyDelete