Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Random: 1.11.11

So, this arrived in the mail yesterday!



I ordered it from etsy, and am super excited to have this as my necklace for Lyra this coming year. This artist customized it specifically with the Lyra constellation, and I'm just thrilled to start wearing it!

And it was perfect timing as today is my birthday. I don't remember much of my birthday last year...everything was still really foggy and we were just so sad. It was hard to feel celebratory over a birthday when our daughter died less than a month earlier. I think we were still moving to this apartment, so we probably packed and moved a bunch of stuff. And L surprised me with a really nice cardigan. I guess I do remember a little bit.

----

Thursday is Simon's heart echo and brain scan. If you could, send a good vibe or prayer that there is nothing to be concerned about. I'm trying not to worry since we don't have full information yet. Once we have something more solid, either with the echo/scan, or when he's born, then we can know more about whether to worry or not. (Easier said than done...)

I'm still having contractions throughout the day, but not painful ones, so I'm not expecting him to make an entrance as of yet. I don't know the whole natural labor thing, as I was induced with Lyra. L is hoping he comes within the next 8 days though, so his birthdate can be a palindrome...I should have expected that marrying a math/computer science guy :)

----

Wishing you all some peaceful moments this week.

20 comments:

  1. Wishing you a very happy birthday and sending you positive vibes for Simon's good health and easy arrival.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Keeping you all in my thoughts and prayers. Happy Birthday too. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Birthday! I love that necklace, it's so perfect. :) Keeping you in my thoughts as you near Simon's arrival!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Birthday!
    Happy New Necklace!
    Happy Vibes for Simon!!

    xo

    PS. I am so hoping to have my baby on your birthday! I think today's date would be a great one to be born on!! Although I don't think it is going to happen. Lots of tightenings, like you, but nothing more than that!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Birthday! And the necklace is just beautiful--so perfect. Hoping everything looks great and can't wait for Simon's heathy arrival! You're almost there :)
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a cool necklace! I would love to get one some day with my babes constellation. Happy birthday to you! Thinking of Simon and always remembering Lyra. xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy Birthday, I love the necklace!

    Pulled Lyra's name yesterday and had a candle lit for her all afternoon. Said prayers for her, for you, for Simon. Will continue the prayers and hopes that all is well. xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful necklace. How perfect. And my birthday is four weeks after Hope's so the first one without her was brutal to say the least.
    Sending good vibes for you and Simon.
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  9. Happy birthday! That is a beautiful necklace for Lyra :). Hoping to hear good things about Simon's checkup later on <3.

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a beautiful necklace. I love the constellation customisation, that is a wonderful idea.

    Sending good vibes for little Simon's scans on Thursday.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Happy Birthday!!!

    The necklace in memory of Lyra is gorgeous. What a sweet memorial.

    Thinking about you and Simon's check up on Thurs.

    Much love.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Happy Birthday, love the necklace! I feel so bad I didn't realize your birthday was this week...I so owe you!

    Will definitely be keeping you close in my thoughts and sending lots of positive vibes your way on Thursday ((hugs))

    ReplyDelete
  13. Happy Birthday! A beautiful necklace and a wonderful idea too (can I steal it?)! Super love vibes to you and Simon!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Absolutely- I'll say a prayer and send some positive energy to the Universe. Can't hurt to do both :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. happy birthday rach, what a beautiful pendant! i haven't experienced a natural labour either but no contractions for me yet, lucky you! best of luck for thursday, sending all my positive thoughts your way, loads of love, anne xxx

    ReplyDelete
  16. The necklace is very nice, and it came on your birthday, did you plan that. Happy Birthday. Mine is tomorrow (13th). Yay. I hope the scan will settle the questions for you, I hope the concerns turn out to be unfounded.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Wohooo!! Late but nevertheless from the heart: Happy birthday and all the best for the scan. Love the necklace... Hope you had a lovely day...

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  18. Rachel that IS thrilling!
    What perfect timing :)
    Happy, happy belated birthday and may they keep getting better and better from here forward.
    I am sending both vibes and prayers for flying colours for Simon in every area.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Love the necklace! Sending prayers your way that all will be well with Simon. And also happy birthday (a little late)!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Come on lil Simon!! Wishing you luck and love xx

    ReplyDelete